Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Easy Living

Though I know I've hardly scratched the surface of what it's actually like to live here, it seems really nice. To me, every little alleyway is picturesque in some way and despite what you hear, I don't think it's really that expensive. At least with 100yen equaling $1, things honestly seem cheap to me. I guess it also has to do with the fact that some things in America really suck. For example, in Japan you can get a phone with unlimited texting for two months, no contract for $60. Good luck finding that in America. I've heard foreigners living here get tired of the fact that Japanese people expect very little of them, but so far I've truly enjoyed seeing how delighted people are when they see that I can speak a reasonable amount of Japanese. I'm sure I'll eventually find things I really don't like, but so far it's been absolutely wonderful.

1 comment: