Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Hang On Cafe



I went to a route 66 themed cafe today for lunch. I was curious how they would approach traditional American food.


A drink, burger, and fries was $7 and it was pretty tasty. I wonder where they find buns in Japan as I certainly haven't seen them at the supermarket. The burger was filling though it seemed like it wasn't pure beef. It tasted like it was cut with chicken or something like that. 
The fries were really good though I'm used to getting a few hundred more when I get a burger meal in the US. It was interesting to have 7up for the first time in forever. There are no free refills in Japan so I had to savor what I was given even though it was half ice. Just like in America!


In the front of the cafe there was a stage with several guitars, amps, and a drumset on display. The one pictured here is worth around $2000 and the other instruments were similarly valuable. They really don't worry about theft here. 


The shop was decorated with various pieces of American rock and car culture and just about anything else that seems vaguely American. Here someone made a light-up sign out of a garage sale sign. They don't have garage sales here so I guess this is pretty exotic.
Overall it really did remind me somewhat of an American cafe so it was a nice diversion from day-to-day life here in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment