Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A Chrysler in Japan


I'm always on the lookout for interesting cars in Japan, especially cars by American makers that aren't available in the US. I've seen one model of Chevy and a few Ford trucks that were probably imported by enthusiasts. I even saw a '70 Firebird that was heavily customized. As Japanese cities go, Hirakata has a relatively large number of cars though it's nothing compared to a comparably large American city like Minneapolis.
Today I happened upon the first Chrysler I've seen here. It's a Chrysler Ypsilon. I did a bit more research and found out that it's actually a car produced by the Italian company Lancia, re-branded for Japan. I've never seen another Chrysler here so I don't know if they have a reputation for Luxury, but it's definitely an interesting car.

No comments:

Post a Comment